Tuesday 25 October 2011

Bucket O Spuds

Having never had any success with potato bags in the past I resolved to try one last time after watching the videos at JBA potatoes (see link) and basically discovered that I had pretty much done everything possible, wrong. So as an experiment and armed with 20 Morrison's flower buckets I thought I would try my hand at a few Pink fir apple. To those that may try this, the haulms are bloody massive, so think about their position! Secondly they do need plenty of water and if I am honest I was a little tardy with this point and I am sure this fact will have affected yield.

However I am harvesting an average of 600g per bucket of the most delicious PFA I have ever had. A good return considering both the size of bucket and lack of water. So with more water I hope to repeat this exercise again this next season and hopefully increase the yield!

No comments:

Post a Comment