Tuesday 6 December 2011

All change!

Well, its been a week now since I resigned from my thoroughly crap job and basically telling them to stick it. The straw that broke the camels back was being hauled in for a disciplinary meeting for not selling kitchens to the people who have not been into the studio. So, once I was sure that  had been paid for the month I resigned with immediate effect, no notice period as A. I did not have a contract and B. They have a nasty habit of not paying or reluctantly paying those that have walked in the past.

Luckily the Mrs has a good job which she has returned to after a career break so we have swapped roles until my little lad is old enough to attend school. So as reluctant as I am to get the iron out,  I will be able to access the garden a damn site easier! Bring on the new growing season.

2 comments:

  1. David
    It is irrelevant if you had a contract or not
    By the simple fact the company employed you for a period of time is contract enough as they have accepted and issued T&C's by having you on their pay records
    Also, if they have unfairly invited you in for disciplinary without any form of further "training" and giving you every chance and opportunity to improve and also been made aware of any failings, even though you "felt" or "driven" to resign, you may still have a very good case for constructive dismissal
    There is a very lengthy process a company has to go through well before they even think of inviting anyone in for disciplinary talks

    ReplyDelete
  2. These guys have always felt they were above the law though, however they have paid out on one of my commissions and the holiday days they owed. To be honest I am just glad to be out now as it was starting to affect things at home, snapping at the kids etc. As I type I am playing cars with my son and thoroughly enjoying my time with him. In the mean time I am hoping to suppliment the house income by picking up my freelance art business again, and get back into my other love- art and design.

    ReplyDelete